D580 Airway and Facial Aesthetics
Obstructive sleep apnea affects millions worldwide and is considered a disease of the craniofacial and dentofacial complex. This course will focus on the influence of the airway on facial development and malocclusion. It will discuss how orthodontic treatment can have a positive or negative effect on the airway, the TMJ and facial aesthetics. Sample cases will be reviewed and discussed.
- Understand how airway problems develop
- Recognize the signs and symptoms of early airway obstructions
- Understand the effects of the airway on the dentofacial complex
- Understand the link between airway, facial development and malocclusions.
- Learn to correct the root cause of most malocclusion for long term stabilit
- Learn treatment protocols that will have a positive effect on the airway, TMJ, and facial aesthetics
- Learn to utilize new cutting-edge diagnostic protocols
FOR ORTHO SUPPLIES, CONTACT ORTHO ORGANIZERS