AM400 – Tooth Movement with Plastic
This course will introduce basic tooth movement concepts and terminology, so that participants may understand the strengths and weaknesses of different movement systems as they may benefit the general dentist practitioner. The course will develop an understanding of force considerations such as magnitude, duration, anchorage and an understanding of the biologic basis of tooth movements.
- The presentation will discuss the collection of orthodontic data and records. The participants will learn what is required for the patient interview, clinical examination, diagnostic records, diagnosis, assessment and treatment planning for tooth movement.
- The course will review the details of specific tooth movement techniques, in particular interproximal reduction. The participants will learn the theory and technique of various IPR methods.
- Various tooth movement technologies will be examined. The Invisalign movement system will be reviewed and participants will learn the use of adjuncts to aid successful extrusion and rotation techniques. Participants will learn the use of different plier techniques to modify aligners to aid successful tooth movements. Participants will learn finishing and retention techniques that may be used with the Invisalign technology.
- The course will cover the “Top 5” most common problems seen with tooth movement with clear aligners such as Invisalign and their specific solutions.
- The Thermoplastic appliance technology will be reviewed. Participants will learn the construction techniques for the canine to canine and full arch thermoplastic thermoplastic retainers, the use of heated pliers to aid tooth movement, impression techniques, model preparation, thermoforming techniques, finishing thermoplastic appliances and understand various applications of the plastic technology. Participants will learn the application and use of thermoforming tools.
- Various types of removable acrylic appliances will be presented so that the participants will learn the construction specifics, applications, advantages and disadvantages.
FOR ORTHO SUPPLIES, CONTACT ORTHO ORGANIZERSwww.orthoorganizers.com
FOR ORTHO LAB SERVICES CONTACT:(If you attend the Chicago or Ann Arbor Seminars)
OHLENDORF APPLIANCE LABORATORY
(If you attend seminars in any other location)
JOHNS DENTAL LAB
For dates refer to our Course Schedule.